Are you or someone you know the type of beauty professional who wants to make a difference in the life of a person with terminal or chronic illness? The type who wants to make a difference in your own life?
Refer your beauty professional, share your passion for the organization, and call us to connect. We want to make a difference with you!
Beauty Bus Volunteers bring a big impact on the well-being of our clients and caregivers. So many of our clients’ mobility is based on assistance – walkers, wheel chairs, or mobile devices that also function as units for speaking. To make an appointment in a salon, prepare for the outing, get to the location and navigate through tight quarters in between inaccessible chairs or doorways can take all the excitement out of a day of beauty. Then there are clients in the midst of receiving treatments for a condition that takes all the strength and motivation one can muster, and even thinking about getting to the salon becomes a non-priority.
With all these obstacles, clients never give up their personal desire to feel good about themselves, even when the timing may not be right for a manicure or facial or even a much needed haircut. Think of all the ways that an in-home Beauty Professional and Beauty Buddy volunteer can ease the difficulties of managing these obstacles and make a real difference in the every day life of a Beauty Bus client, while creating a benefit for themselves:
- Beauty Professional Volunteers deliver needed services for people that cannot access the specific services on their own — in-home clients appreciate the small boost that can be provided with a new hair style, the hair lifted off their neck after a fresh cut, a bright spot of color on their nails, the cleanliness of post-pedicure feet, the power of touch through a facial or seeing themselves again for the first time with a made-up face.
- Beauty Professional Volunteers are offered an opportunity to practice their technical skills and interpersonal communication – two keys to a successful career in any field.
- Beauty Professional and Beauty Buddy Volunteers keep clients and their caregivers connected to normalcy and the outside world – the freedom of the old routine missed since becoming home bound or exchanged for hospital visits.
- Beauty Professional and Beauty Buddy Volunteers connect, build, support, engage and strengthen relationships with our clients who do the same in return. Many of our volunteers and clients form bonds through their time spent together in the clients’ home, and professionals are regularly requested to return.
- Beauty Professional Volunteers not only gain regular clients, but can receive compensation for their time. A reduced rate for each service is offered to any licensed Beauty Professional and can be a nice compliment to income.
- Volunteers contribute directly to their communities – whether a Beauty Professional or Buddy, our volunteers have a face-to-face interaction with clients, and can be assured that each moment spent together is a moment that positively impacts that client and caregiver’s life, as well as the volunteers.
- Volunteers educate the public on the benefits of in-home beauty and grooming treatments – feeling good about oneself can work wonders on motivation and every day energy – and engage other potential volunteers to see what difference they can make. Why wouldn’t you share the things you love with the people in your life? Group volunteering can be fun, satisfying and bonding for everyone involved.
- Volunteers assist in moving the organization forward – from organizing donated product to putting together Bags of Beauty to send out to clients living in other states to brainstorming new ways to help clients get the most out of Beauty Bus services, extra hands are always welcomed. Being a part of the growth of an organization can strengthen resolve, resumes and dedication to future tasks – all attributes of a positive volunteer experience.