BEAUTY BUS FOUNDATION DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMS
Beauty Bus Foundation
Santa Monica-based Beauty Bus Foundation delivers dignity, hope and respite to chronically or terminally ill men, women and children and their caregivers through beauty and grooming services and pampering products.
Beauty Bus accomplishes our mission through:
- o In-Home Beauty and Grooming Services: Beauty Bus’ core program provides in-home beauty and grooming services to clients and their caregivers, free of charge, to people whose illness or condition prevents them from accessing a salon.
- o Pop-Up Salons: Beauty Bus creates Pop-Up Salons where our clients receive a variety of complimentary beauty and grooming services in hospitals and nonprofit organizations.
- o Bags of Beauty Program: Beauty Bus gives complimentary Bags of Beauty filled with pampering products to remind our clients that they deserve to look and feel beautiful.
Director of Programs
The Director of Programs must be a compassionate visionary team player and must embrace the fluid dynamics of working in a young non-profit organization.
- o The Director will be responsible for the coordination and management of the Pop-Up Salon Program, including scheduling, staffing, logistics and providing support and resources to clients at each event.
- o The Director will also be responsible for all aspects of the organization’s Volunteer Program, as an essential asset to powerfully delivering our core program.
- o The Director of Program will also oversee the delivery of the In Home Service program through oversight of one full time Beauty Service Provider, one part-time Program Coordinator, and several Independent Contractors.
- o The Director of Programs will be one of the faces of Beauty Bus out in the community.
- o The Director of Programs reports daily and directly to the Founder.
- o Pop-Up Salon Program
- o Event coordination including communication with community partners, social service agencies and hospitals to schedule and carry out 10 annual events, as well as management of scheduling, volunteer staffing and logistics during the events.
- o Post event follow up and reports.
- o Establish and maintain social service partnerships with hospitals and service providers throughout Los Angeles.
- o Volunteer Program
- o Oversee all recruitment of volunteers for the organization including creative community outreach to identify and cultivate a new recruits and programs to nurture and support current volunteer engagement.
- o Represent Beauty Bus Foundation at community events.
- o Collection of volunteer applications, as well as scheduling and performing training sessions for prospective volunteers.
- o Scheduling and evaluation of volunteers for Pop-Up Salon Program.
- o Oversee Intern program, including recruitment, hiring, office orientation, project management, scheduling and evaluating.
- o Oversee and coordinate In-Office Volunteer Program, as needed, including scheduling and project management.
- o Manage the implementation of automated volunteer scheduling system.
- o Serve as primary contact for one in-hospital salon at Providence Holy Cross Hospital, facilitated by Beauty Bus Foundation.
- o Supervise one full time Beauty Service Provider, one part-time Program Coordinator, and several Independent Contractors in the delivery of In Home services.
- o Assist with special events as appropriate
- o Liaison with public and answer phones. Return calls within a timely manner.
- o Write letters and coordinate mailings as needed.
- o Record entry of client and volunteer information into SalesForce data program.
- o Assist Founder and Director of Operations as needed.
- o Assure all goals of Beauty Bus Strategic Plan in related areas are met.
- o Drive “Beauty Bus” van as needed for company business.
- o Other appropriate duties as needed.
Ideal candidates will possess the following:
- o Passion for Beauty Bus work and mission
- o BA/BS required
- o Bilingual – Spanish and English (STRONGLY PREFERRED)
- o Prior management experience
- o Prior experience in non-profits or salon/spa industry preferred
- o Prior experience with scheduling preferred
- o Proficient in IT
- o Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a high level of initiative, accuracy and attention to detail
- o Ability to work a demanding, primarily self-directed work schedule
- o Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- o Organization, multi-tasking and time management skills are a MUST
- o Experience as a volunteer and preferably supervising volunteers
- o 2 years of relevant work experience
- o Must be non-judgmental and able to accept different cultural/religious values and lifestyles.
- o Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Salesforce
- o Knowledge of social networking and marketing tools, including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- o Ability to work evenings and weekends for relevant events
- o Clean driving record, current driver’s license and automobile insurance
- o Ability to pass Criminal Background Check
- o Demonstrate the highest level of personal and ethical standards
Salary: $40,000-$45,000 dependent on experience.
Full-time position. Health care, vision and dental plans offered. Paid vacation, sick and holiday time per company policy.
Please email a detailed cover letter and resume to: Beauty Bus Foundation: firstname.lastname@example.org